Monday, July 30, 2012

July

It really feels like we just started July and now it is almost over.  I feel bad I have kind of wished away the summer.  I think I am so excited to get this baby here and for the HOT to cool off a bit that I haven't enjoyed the summer as much as I should have.  Oh and I totally have stunk at taking any pictures.

We spent the 4th in Henefer.  I love small town celebrations and it's always a good time when the kids get to play with their cousins.  Carson wasn't quite up to partying and we found out the next day he had strep.  I knew for that kid to fall asleep during the day and to be the first one in the car to go home he was sick.

The boys had a camp out in the backyard.  We all played games until dark in the tent, but then we opted for our bed and Carson and Wyatt were the only ones to "rough" it.

Thanks to our passes, we have been to Seven Peaks, Trafalga, and bowling a few times.  It is a good excuse to make me take the kids out, however, it is hard going with three kids alone and I already told Ryan to not allow me to buy them until the baby is at least 3.  Ryan took the boys to the drag races at RMR on Saturday night and they thought that was really cool.  We have gone to the splash parks and played in the water a lot here at home.

Ryan and I spoke in church on the 22nd about the faith and dedication of the pioneers.  I do not love all the attention on me or writing a talk, but it was good for both of us to do some gospel studying, and it helped me to see in my life, especially in the things I can't control, to have more faith.

I went to my sister's baby blessing yesterday and it made me excited seeing her baby girl in her beautiful blessing dress.  We don't have a name yet, so any suggestions would be much appreciated!

I think we have done a few things to wear the boys out.  They are so precious when they are sleeping.  The summer has been kind of tough and they have been fighting a lot.  I'm not sure how other families are with a lot of boys, but there have been some long days and they just need time away from each other.  Today, they were full on punching each other in the car and on the way back, Wyatt gave Carson a bloody nose.  I am totally failing.  I still love them like crazy and think they are the cutest boys in the world.  They do bring a lot of happiness and laughter into our home.  I had to text Ryan today and ask him what are we thinking?!? 





5 comments:

Melissa Monsen said...

Oh Britney, your fighting stories sound all too familiar! You are not failing! All boys are like that and every mom I have talked to with boys tells me it is the same for her! Don't worry, you are a fantastic mom! I know it where's are you and there are definetly days where I think it would be easier to be at work ! :) My boys do the exact same things! Hope to see you at the conference in September!

Melissa Monsen said...

My comment doesn't make sense, I was trying to say I know it wears on you and there are days I think it would be easier to be at work.

Maclaine & Sara said...

You definitely are not failing...my girls fight, too. Some days i feel like all i have done is yelled and begged them to get along. I think it will lessen when school starts. We are in this together...maybe we should trade kids for a while? :)

Lydia Story said...

You are doing a great job and are a wonderful mother! You haven't forgotten you are pregnant too you know. Your boys are darling. And I Love love love your Easton in cowboy boots!

Amber said...

Sounds like a full summer to me! I am excited to meet your little lady and know her name =). I have lots of names that we are debating between. Give me a call! We need to chat =).