Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of First Grade!

Carson was super nervous to start first grade today. He was awake when I got called out to work at 2:30! He did fall back asleep, but was a little cranky this morning. Nerves will do that to you. He requested waffles and chocolate milk for breakfast. Then we walked to school with our friends. This is Kayston and Carson.
Kayston is starting 2nd grade, but they are in the same class at church.
Carson was excited to wear his pirate shirt and was looking quite studly. :)And gotta have a picture with his brothers!And his mama! My mom never took pictures of her with us before school (probably because she was in her robe), but I thought it would be fun for Carson to see what I looked like when he started first grade.He is such a cute boy and a wonderful helper. It's been weird with him being gone all day!Wyatt has missed him the most, I think. He has been laying around on the floor. I did peel him off the floor for lunch, but he had to eat exactly the same thing I sent with Carson for lunch! I wish Carson could understand how much Wyatt loves and idolizes him!
Carson at his desk. He was so excited to have his own desk this year. He was ready to start and ready for me to go home. I teared up a little, but held it together pretty good.







I can't wait to hear how your first day went! We LOVE you!!!

(He came home so happy and said it was the best day ever! Yay!!!)

2 comments:

Preston and Keri said...

Carson is so handsome! I love that picture of him and Kayston walking! It looks like they're whistling or something! Silly boys!

Michelle said...

Yay for first grade! I love that you made him waffles for breakfast! What a great mom!