Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Brigham City Temple Open House

Yesterday, Labor Day, we were able to get tickets and go to the Brigham City Temple Open House.  We weren't the only ones with this idea, but we overheard at least 16,000 others went through the temple yesterday.  It is a really pretty temple and kind of looks like a mini Salt Lake Temple to me.  The layout is really cool and unlike any of the the other temples I have been to.



 We met up with my parent's and Teresa's kids.  Too bad Teresa is in Hawaii and missed out.  :)
 After waiting in line all the way around the block outside, we finally got inside the parking garage where there was more waiting, then watching the movie, getting booties on our feet, and more waiting.  The kids did amazing though!
 Right after getting out.  I was surprised how young the sister missionaries looked to me.  Ryan reminded me its because they are 10 years younger than me--thanks for that, Babe!  It was also cool that they had pictures and flowers throughout the temple of peach blossoms and peach trees, which is unique to the area.  They had peach and apple trees on the temple grounds outside as well.
It ended up being a LONG night.  We didn't get home until about 11:00, but I am glad we went, and I hope it is something the boys will remember.

2 comments:

Maclaine & Sara said...

It looks like such a neat experience. Wish we could go but unfortunately, we won't be able to. Between Maclaine's schedule at the plant, school, and hunting--it's not going to happen. You look so pretty, Britney (like always!)

Lydia Story said...

I am so glad you were able to go! What a great experience for your boys!