Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Weekend

We had a great weekend. We started it out by going with Ryan's mom, brother Adam and his girlfriend and her kids to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. We have been so lucky to attend two temple open houses in our area just a few months from each other. Then we went to the viewing of our good friend's four month old baby, which was the saddest thing ever. It really was a nice day to think about forever families and be grateful for what we have.
Friday night I introduced Ryan to the Henefer Potato Races (people riding horses with big sticks where they hook a potato and try to get it in each other's tire). It is fun to watch. We slept over at my mom's and woke up early to do the bike-a-thon. Crystal, Ryan A., Ryan, and I biked. The boys were supposed to be behind us, but they slept in. It was so funny that Ryan A, who was riding my mom's old rusted bike, won the race. What a guy! Thanks Ry, for staying with me. Sorry I held you back, but it was fun to do it together!

Teresa and my mom ran the 5K. They amaze me!

Madi, Carson, Sami, and Wyatt enjoying a cool treat in their festive attire. The day was filled with great food and lots of fun. We ended up coming home a bit early because we were all exhausted. We missed out on fireworks so we'll have to make up for that next year. Thanks family for a fun weekend!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun weekend! I missed seeing you guys on the 4th this year.

Amber said...

How fun!!! I love the pictures. I am impressed with the biking and running. Way to go!!!

rhodesfamily said...

Sounds like fun! I didn't know you bike! I have a phobia of bikes ever since I got in an accident and knocked my front tooth out in 6th grade!! How sad about your friend's baby...I honestly cannot imagine going through that!

Ryan said...

It really was a fun weekend. I actually enjoy the crazy things that the Henefer rednecks come up with for fun. It really makes things interesting.

Teresa said...

You forgot to mention that you won 1st place in that bike-a-thon! I do enjoy the Henefer's 4th of July. Ain't no place better!