We went to the Draper Temple open house today. It was awesome! We got to go with all of the retirees that are home during the day. I felt young. It was nice. I should hang with that crowd more often.
They had everything so planned out from the time you park to the time they drop you back off to your car. Just think what the world would be like if our church ran it....
Carson and Wyatt's favorite part? Riding the bus!
Isn't it so pretty? We are thinking about buying one of the several houses that are for sale up there or just a building lot that is $350,000. ;)Before today, Carson couldn't tell the difference between a temple and a church. We had a long discussion about how the Angel Moroni is on top of temples and just a steeple is on top of a church. When we were pulling away, Wyatt was pointing to the top of the temple and said "Je Je (Jesus) high."
The hosts talked to us a bit and a part that really stood out to me is that "the temple is a place where families can be sealed for eternity IF they are righteous." Today was our first time in the temple as an entire family. It was such a special day. I hope that we will get to experience being in the temple together for pre-missions, weddings, and other special times in our lives.
7 comments:
So cute! Beautiful temple and especially a beautiful family!
It really was a great experience to have with the kids. Carson is at the age where he asks lots of questions. We tried our best to answer them and hopefully we are doing our best as parents to teach them correctly. I hope that they will have this experience again someday to attend with their families.
What a great experience. That is awesome that you are teaching Carson so much about the temple and how he is so interested in it. That is a beautiful temple, I'm glad you got the experience to go through it.
Thanks for also posting what stood out to you that is a great reminder that we need to continue to work everyday to be righteous so we can be an eternal family someday.
I am looking forward to going! There is simply no better place to be than the temple. :)
I can't wait to take my family there also! I love the things that you shared.
What fun pictures! I'm excited to go--one more week. It's always a welcome experience to feel the spirit and teach our children the important things of life.
What a wonderful and memorable day for you and your family!
Post a Comment