Friday, January 23, 2009

My Morning

You know when you wake up and you know you should just stay in bed? Well, today was one of those days for me.

I was running late (as always) for work. I asked Ry to help me because I was freaking out about how late I was going to be. I am not doing too well with my New Year's resolution. Anyway, being the nice guy he is, Ry went into the garage to put the kids in the car in his "BVD's". I kept the garage door closed so he wouldn't show off his sexy undies for the neighborhood. I hopped in and started up the car. I opened the garage door and was watching Ryan shimmy around the front of the car so he wouldn't expose himself, as the door was opening. I shifted into reverse and heard a horrible screech. Yes, I hit the garage door. And knocked it off the track. And scratched the car. BUT I only said, "SHHHH" instead of other things going through my head.

I got out and Ryan kept telling me to get back in the car. Probably so he wouldn't ring my neck. He banged a few things with a hammer so we could get the door all the way up so I could get out of the garage. The door is pretty much back to normal other than a little reminder dent of what I did. I called Ry later to tell him how sorry I was. (I was going to call up and sing "I just called to say I'm sorry", but I didn't think the waiting room full of patients wanted to hear that.) He just said, "Well, you should be."

Funny thing. I had a thought a couple of weeks ago that I should be careful not to hit the garage door. I need to start listening to those "feelings". When will I ever learn?

10 comments:

Michelle said...

You're morning sounds like mine. I just couldn't help but think of Dad when you said you hit the garage door. Poor guy has hit his a few times I think. I sure hope the afternoon went better!

Teresa said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hate it when things like that happen!

Teresa said...

If it helps I've hit the sides of our garage with both cars. It's torn up the stucko a bit. :)

J♥M said...

I've had the same feeling as I have such a tight space to fit in with all the junk in the garage. I would have said more than SHHHHHH! Then would have had to explain after the fact that we don't say those words to the kids! I'm sorry your morning started off that way and just glad that you're alright! Sure hope that things are better and that no one has hurt feelings! :)

Ryan and Crystal said...

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm glad Ryan was able to fix it enough for it to still work. Hope things get better

Maclaine & Sara said...

Gotta love those mornings! Sorry about the garage door...tell Ryan I don't think it was your fault. :)

Hannah Jones said...

So- did Ryan fix the garage door in his undies? You left that part out!!
BRRRRRR!!!!!

Ryan said...

For any who were wondering the answer was yes, I did fix the door in my undies so that Britney could get off to work. Later I did put pants on and fix it better. Afterwards I spent the rest of the day painting our bedroom, bathroom, and closet.

Britney said...

Thanks, Ry. Our room, bathroom, closet looks awesome. I'll post pictures after I buy some new towels. The purple ones from my college years just don't look so hot with the new paint.

Amber said...

Yikes! I am glad he was able to fix it and now you have a daily reminder to not do it again =).