Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday, Dad!
Here he is giving his favorite daughter money. Crystal looks a little jealous here. No, really we all know he loves us all "the same". :)
Seriously, you are a great Dad and Grandpa. You are frequently seen holding at least one of the little ones. They love coming to Papa's house!

You are a very handsome man!
I was always told when I was growing up that I looked just like you. Honestly, I grew up thinking I looked like a boy, but now I realize what they meant. I am thankful to be like you in more ways than one.

You are the best parents I could ask for. One of my favorite quotes is that the best gift you can give your children is to love their mother. You have definitely done that.


When we were fighting and got in trouble, Mom use to tell us that we had to go to work with you when you got home from your day job. I think I went the most. I am grateful now for the one- on-one time I got to spend with you. I never knew the names of the tools you wanted me to get you, but I sure could get the right thing if you told me "the pliers with the blue handle". I miss those times together.


One of my favorite memories is when we went to St. George just me and you to work on Grandma and Grandpa's house. We snuck off to buy new pillows. (Anyone who has slept at Grandma's knows why.) We sang George Strait songs the entire way home. I loved it!

You are such a generous, loving, kind, hard-working Dad.


Thank you for all you do for me while I was growing up and now in this phase of my life. I know I can count on you, and I know you love me. I am the person I am today because of you. I am sitting here tearing up thinking of all of the wonderful times with you. I hope you have a very special birthday and many, many more to come!

I love you!!!

5 comments:

Ryan said...

I know that I couldn't have gotten a better father-in-law. He has been great to have us over, take us out to work with him, let us ride the four wheeler with the kids, and play games. I'm grateful for how much he loves his grandkids, especially our boys. What a great man.

Ryan and Crystal said...

I think you now just earned brownie points by this post.

Ryan and Crystal said...

But in all seriousness I think we have the best parents ever!! It was a great post and excellent compliments. Dad your the greatest!

Michelle said...

We all know the real favorite is you B. I agree with all you said and Ryan too. He's a great dad!

Teresa said...

Awesome post! Yes, I am about 5 months along in that picture--time for a major diet! Dad is the greatest though! We can always count on him. How did we get so lucky? Just blessed, right!