Tonight I watched my neighbor's two boys. In all there was a 4, 3, 2, and 1 year old. Yes, four boys under four. I survived, and I was all by myself. To be honest, I get very anxious being by myself with more kids than my own. I guess it is from when I use to baby-sit back in the day. I would watch 3 or 4 kids for like 6 hours (that felt like twelve) and get paid $4. Oh, and you can't forget the time when "the twins" chased me around the house with pocket knives.
It is amazing how much busier and crazier things get with just two more little bodies. The next time I get feeling like my boys are hard, I think I will offer to babysit.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You go girl. What a sweet neighbor you are to babysit. I bet it was crazy times at your house, but I bet they all had fun.
The story with the twins and the knives still cracks me up!
I never knew about the story with the twins. I just remember calling you Brenz's mom. Then Skip got that job. Unfortunately I never got to experience that.
I think that is just the nature of boys to be rowdy and cause havoc. Maybe a girl would make things easier for Britney.
Just the thought makes me feel stressed out. If I remember correctly, you and I have similar feelings about babysitting. We'll leave it at that.
One thing to remember.... if you are ever the mother of four boys they won't all be that close together! Unless you have one boy every year from now on, but then you'd have 6!
Post a Comment