Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools Day

I wish I had a funny story to share about some awesome prank I thought of, but I don't. I only came up with one thing and we'll see how it plays out later tonight, which I will tell at the end of this post. Next year I need to have it planned out in February.

So, I woke up this morning with my eye sealed shut. Yes, an April Fool's joke on me. It was my first time getting pink eye, and I look a bit like Quasi Moto. I can not put drops in my eye. I hate the thought of anything even touching my eye. It totally freaks me out. But after squirting half of the bottle on my face, I think I got enough in as it dripped off of my eyelid and into my eye to take care of this disease invading my eyeball.


Carson got invited to go play at a friend's house. Hallelujah! It was a good break for both of us. I even had to call Michelle to ask about the proper etiquette of going to a friend's house, like when do I have to pick him up, does that mean we have to invite the kid to our house, etc... His friend's name is Ryan. As I was talking to him about going to Ryan's house, Wyatt started getting very upset. I think he thought I was taking Carson to Uncle Ryan's house and he wanted to go too. This is his sad face. (Well, trying to "pose" his sad face for me.)



We dropped Carson off and went home for a much needed nap. When we went to pick him up, Carson was playing Lego's with Ryan up in his room. They had Primary music playing in the background. I smiled as I thought about this little boy that will hopefully become a really good friend for Carson. The mom said they had been so good that she got to sit downstairs and read a book. (My theats to Carson about being good worked! :) )



So, back to the prank. I was making dinner and decided to douse Ryan's toothbrush in salt. It has sat long enough that you can't even tell. Then I will go put some toothpaste on it for him (being the good little wifey that I am) and watch. I hope he doesn't let me down. I have been looking forward to it all night. What an exciting life I have! :)

7 comments:

Britney said...

It worked great! He started gagging and everything! He didn't find it as funny as I did, but I sure got a good laugh. Sorry, Ry, I hope you're not still mad at me. I did it cause I love ya. ;)

Michelle said...

You crack me up. Where in the world did you every think of the salt thing from?
I'm glad the play date went good.

J♥M said...

I had such a crazy day that I didn't do anything, Mat came through with a joke on the kids. He bought club soda and put a couple drops of red food coloring and after they had jumped on the trampoline for a while and the 1st one came in needing a drink, he asked him if he's like red soda? Yeah yeah! He ran outside holding his neck and sticking out his tongue telling the other kids that the red soda is poison!
I hope your eye feels better today and glad you were able to get a good laugh last night. It could have been much much worse! Salt's pretty nice!

Ryan and Crystal said...

That is the funniest April Fool's joke. I played one on Ryan and he didn't think it was funny either. But I sure got a laugh out of it. I hope your pink eye gets better. Thats great Carson was able to go to his friends house. Little Wy Wy can come play at our house anytime.

Ryan said...

It wasn't as funny as you think. Just remember that paybacks are double. Keep on the lookout because you never know when it's coming. I'm not mad, but it was pretty bad.

Amber said...

Hurray for playdates!! I am glad they had a good time!

Teresa said...

Wow! You had an eventful day! I'm sorry for your pink eye, glad that Carson had a play date (always love when the kiddos are entertained), and your joke was too funny! I need to be more on the ball next time.