A while back I was talking about embarrassing moments. Well, the time has come, mostly because I have nothing else blog-worthy to share. I have narrowed it down to "B's Top 5". There are many more, but these made the cut this time.
Some may think--why??? I think it's important to be able to not take yourself so seriously and everyone needs a good laugh once in a while. Plus, my kids might want to see what kind of a nut their mom is (not that they won't figure that out on their own). And please, make my day, and don't forget to vote!
5. One lovely day, while on one of our several shopping trips to Sam's Club with Mom back in the day, I had a bathroom emergency. After I had taken care of business, I was washing my hands. A guy walked in and, very embarrassed, may I add, apologized for walking in on me and turned around and walked out. Two seconds later, the guy walks back in. It finally clicked. I was the one in the wrong restroom. I asked him if I was the one in the wrong bathroom and he said yes as he was beginning to use the urinal. Ya, I was out of there as fast as I could go.
4. During my first semester as an x-ray student, I got lucky enough to be placed at the VA hospital for our first rotation. I hope you can hear the sarcasm. 90% of the patients were OLD men. One day, I brought this man in a wheelchair into the exam room for an x-ray of his hip. This old duffer was a bit hard of hearing. I yelled to him to take off his clothes and put on the gown. He said, "HUH?" So, I repeated again and left the room for him to change. I knocked on the door and went in. There he was sitting buck naked in his wheelchair. (Not a pretty site, if you know what I mean, especially for a single, 19 year-old.) I quickly put the gown on him and continued with the x-rays. I did the views that I could, then had to go get the clinical instructor to help me with the last view. Well, the last one is where you spread the person's legs open, then angle your x-ray tube to shoot through the hip horizontally. My clinical instructor came in and went to adjust the tube and got a view to remember. I will never forget the look on her face as she was trying to angle through the buck naked guy's crotch.
3. We had just moved into our new clinic and I had to use the restroom one day. There are two entrances to the bathroom, one from the hall and one from a procedure room. The door from the procedure room was always locked and rarely used. Well, I was sitting on the crapper and all of a sudden the procedure room door flew open. It was one of the MALE doctors that I work for. He apologized and exited as quickly as possible. Well, I wish the story ended there. By the time I got out of the bathroom, it had spread all over the office what had happened and an office memo was sent out to remind everyone to lock BOTH doors. All thanks to me.
2. Shortly after I received my driver's license, I got permission to take a couple of friends and go shopping up top the outlet malls in Park City. We probably had a great time, I really don't remember, but I sure remember what happened after I dropped them off. I noticed that the fuel tank was half full. Those words of my dad popped into my head to keep the tank above half. I stopped at the local Bell's in Coalville to gas up, thinking how proud my dad would be that I even gassed the car up after a day with friends and how much more likely he would let me go again. I gassed up the car and paid for the fuel and was on my way. I headed out and the Cruiser (a sweet 1989 Buick Park Avenue) started to chug. It was making horrible sounds and driving like I would gun it and then slam on the breaks. I "drove" up and down main street hoping it would start working all while a bunch of people were just staring at me. I finally had the sense to pull over and call my mom. While I was sitting there waiting for someone to rescue me, I remembered thinking I've never used a green handle before. I looked over at the tanks and realized that I had filled the car up with diesel fuel. A few guys from high school came while I was sitting there and asked me what I was doing. I had to play it off like I was just hanging at Bell's, all the while dreading telling my dad!
1. During my first year in college, my roommate really wanted to go to a girl's choice institute dance. She kept begging me to get a date and come with her. I kept telling her that I didn't know anyone and didn't want to go. Well, one day in the hall with this roommate at good old UVSC, a guy from my Anatomy class came up and asked me a question. He left and she told me I should ask him. A couple of days went by and I got up the guts to ask him out.
Pathetic little me: Would you like to go to the institute dance with me on Saturday?
Him: Um...I'm getting married that day.
He didn't talk to me or even make eye contact from that day on. And I was just fine with that.
Now go vote! :)
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
LOL SO HARD! You crack me up. And you definatley have a way of putting your embarassing moments picture perfect.
My vote is... OLD MAN BUCK NAKED
But men's restroom and sitting on the crapper and close seconds. I also still love that you asked the engaged guy out.
Old guy naked is pretty embarrassing, but how do you ever live down your co-worker coming in and seeing you on the potty. They all were pretty good though, but my final vote is co-worker seeing you on the toilet.
I agree with Ryan. I haven't had a good laugh for awhile. Thanks you definetly know how to tell a story.
My vote is the crapper one. I am laughing out loud because I remember most of these stories and you telling me them after they happened.
I remember with the gas one, me pulling up with mom and you telling her that you figured it out that you put diesel in the car. Then T. Allen had to fix your car. lol
LOL!! So so FUNNY! I loved them all. My vote is the doctor walking in on you in the potty, but asking the married guy out is a close second!
Well..they are all very funny. And the clinic bathroom one cracks me up since Suz would tease me sometimes and try and get in that way. BUT...my vote is for #1.
LOL!!!! I love it! My vote is for asking the engaged guy out and second sitting on the crapper. You are hilarous!!!
You sure have a lot of naked stories! I think asking the married guy out is by far the worse. You have to assume the doctor that walked in on you was just as embarassed as you were!
Post a Comment