Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thoughts

Yesterday it was beautiful. I went out and mowed the lawn and I even got a little sunburn. I also raked out more dead grass from the voles and pulled some weeds. Some of the yard looks thick, green, and nice. But some has weeds (from the nearby fields and the lovely tumbleweeds) and parts that are trying to recover from being eaten by mice.

I was thinking about my yard compared to life. I want everything to go well and be perfect, but have obnoxious things that discourage me and get in the way. I love it when that weed comes out so easily, root and all. You know it won't grow back. It made me think that when I have a problem, I need to go to the root and figure out what is going on. I was having a problem with a friend. I was getting so frustrated. Today, I went over and chatted with her. I got to the root of the problem and now things are fine.

I hope to "weed" out my life a bit so the rest can flourish. I have a lot of weeds (things I need to let go or do better), but I hope I can be a little better each day.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I liked your analogy. I've got a few weeds to rip out too.

I felt like doing yard work yesterday. Then I remembered, I don't have a lawn mower, or a weed wacker, or anything really.

So I decided to maybe wait til it's long enough that my landlord/neighbor notices it, and mows if for me. Ha ha.

Or maybe, I'll get a goat for the summer.

Maclaine & Sara said...

I agree with your sister, I really like your analogy. What a woman! :)

Teresa said...

one word--AMAZING!

Amber said...

I need to do some weeding too. Sadly I have way too many in my yard and life. Awesome analogy!