I wanted to do something to make Ryan feel special and help him through this difficult time of turning, well, thirty, and have a bunch of our friends and family over to surprise him.
Aunt Crystal offered to come early to watch the boys while I took Ryan to Texas Roadhouse (his fav) for dinner. Here the boys are watching out the window for "Ki Ki" to show up, and Wyatt is taking care of a little wedgie, apparently.

They brought out a saddle and had Ryan "ride it" while they announced to everyone that he was celebrating his 30th birthday. His face was so red! Then the whole restaurant gave him a big "YEE HAW!" It was awesome. We finished dinner and I told him that we were going to find him a birthday present because I hadn't gotten him anything yet. We strolled the mall for a while and then I told him it was time to go get the kids. He was saying crazy things like I haven't found anything yet, I can't believe you didn't plan better, and You go home and get the boys; I'm going to go find my own present.I finally talked him into coming home and we were about 15 minutes later than planned. My awesome sisters were entertaining our friends at our house. He went inside and everyone shouted "Surprise!". I think he was shocked and didn't know quite what to do. It was so funny! We had cake and ice cream and visited for a while. I really bombed out on the pictures and was so nervous that everything would work out as planned. Carson picked out the cake. He didn't want the "girly" ones with balloons, but wanted the soccer ball. I finally got him to compromise with me and we got the trophy cake and put You're #1! Happy Birthday Ryan! on it. Thanks to all of our friends and family for making it a special day that Ryan will remember forever!
Happy Birthday, Ryan! I hope you had a memorable day and that you know we love you! You are such a great dad, an awesome husband, and a loyal friend. Thank you for all you do for our family. I love you!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Ryan! It was a great part-A.
Yeah! Hope you had an awesome birthday Ryan! Thanks for letting us celebrate it with you. We had a great time!
Happy Birthday Ryan, We are grateful you are in our family.
Happy Birthday Ryan!!! Good job on surprising him!
Thanks for the party and the great gifts. I really do appreciate everything that you do for me. Thanks to you, turning 30 wasn't so bad after all.
Post a Comment